Monday, June 06, 2005

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry. -Oscar Wilde

Recently there have been a few men in my life who are interesting, handsome, smart, funny and seem to enjoy my company. We get along spectacularly and have friendships that could probably pretty easily move into a long term relationship. I like them. All of them.

However, I like being single too. I am enthralled with the possibilities and opportunities that I might have because I'm not tied down to a boyfriend. I love developing little crushes on people on a daily basis(I guess having a boyfriend really wouldn't change that). If I had a boyfriend, Prince Charming couldn't swoop in at any moment and sweep me off my feet. I'm only responsible for myself and to myself. I'm perfectly free to have male friends and flirt with them horribly without the risk of making someone jealous. There are no fights. That's a big one right there. I don't have to worry about or plan for the future because it is just mine. There are sooooo many reasons so stay single.

That having been said, if the opportunity becomes immanent, I'm sure I'll end up with a boyfriend of some sort. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: