Saturday, June 11, 2005

"Aye, there's the rub."

Life is so complicated! I love that sooo much! We love people that maybe we shouldn't, the ones we love don't love us back, we're tricked into loving someone we didn't mean to love, we can't always trust, families are never perfect, people die much too young, personal vendettas mute common sense and yes, sometimes you have to wonder if your uncle killed your father. The loose ends of life never really seem to tie themselves up very neatly and just when one problem is solved you notice that something else has been steadily unraveling. Aye, there's the rub! However, it's wonderful fun, these ups and downs.

I could probably write a bit about the conflicts in my life that planted this seed of thought, but I think I'll let those thoughts grow a bit. The words will be prettier when they blossom. Instead, I will do something that unnerves me a bit. I will share a bit of creative writing.



This Poem Isn't About You

I have a need,
Not even to know you,
Entirely
Just to taste you

There is a sweetness that lies
Just below your surface,
Underneath that mottled rind
And pith
Washes that delicate drink
That I have divined

I want to drink 'til drunk

The need to taste appulses in my chest,
Volitates wildly within my ribs
If my thirst is not quenched with
The tiniest of tastes
You will haunt me
Like hidden treasure
and secret caves

No comments: