Saturday, March 18, 2006

My Unintentional Hiatus From Writing Has Been Put On Hold (at least temporarily)

Well, what can I say?

RECENTLY READ BOOKS

The Nanny Diaries: A fun read that made me a little afraid of the rich and feel very sorry for their children. This book answers the question 'how selfish can you get if you have almost everything?'.

American Gods: A fascinating story that places the gods of world myth in America and gives them a battle to fight. Although you might be a little surprised to find out the cause and meaning of the battle. I really like the way Neil Gaiman writes. He finds all those dark corners of his imagination that you don't really want to see, illuminates them, and pulls you by the elbow until you're just a little bit closer than you feel comfortable being. Brilliance.

First Indian On The Moon: Ah, Sherman Alexie. I'm about as white as a girl can get, yet this Indian's poetry speaks to me. It makes me want to write poetry again. I haven't done that in a long time. Maybe I'll start right now.


For Mike On Saturday

This wonderful morning,
I heard the toaster oven ding,
and smelled the gentle scent of waffles,
wafting through the air.

They're just frozen waffles,
that were on sale for a dollar,
but you know it's the thought that counts,
and the raspberry sauce on top.

4 comments:

Becker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becker said...

A) great post title
B) while Sherman Alexie may speak to you, waffle poetry speaks to me, and it speaks volumes

Becker said...

I really hate OS9 at work. :( BTW.