Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Passing Afternoon Thoughts

Come mid to late afternoon I pretty much always just want a snack and a nap. I miss the good old days of middle school when I'd come home and eat a big ol' bowl of popcorn and lay on the couch and read a book. It was wonderful! These days I'm usually rushing off to something as soon as I get home (if I even go home).

Actually, the last couple of days I've sort of resurrected that habit, but with Law & Order instead of a book and no popcorn. I need some popcorn.

Maybe I'll stop at the store on my way home.

2 comments:

Becker said...

I've got popcorn. And a popper too. FYI.

Oh, as for me. I used to come home every day after school, grab a soda and a snack, usually chocolate or something like that (I wish now that I had better eating habits back then). Instead of television or a nap, though, I would come home and write. Believe it or not, I would write; and I had a crazy amount of imagination. It's an amount of imagination I think is gone from my life now, boiled out of me by years of class and research and work and reality. I wish I could go back to those days. Life was simpler then, and the stories came to me so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Life is as simple as you make it.. and some of us (with spines) fight for what we love and what makes us whole.
Su... darling Su.. when are you coming to visit me again. I miss you and your crazy thoughts.. we have those thoughts about that one "thing" in common.. and i think you know what i'm talking about! MUHAHA.. give you a hint.. starts with an "S". The nights just aren't the same without you.
Love ya *wink